Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two months later....

....give or take a week, and enthusiasm is still running high.

This could be dangerous.

Also, McLaren's new car (MP4-27) is a beautiful piece of machinery. Best of luck to Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button behind the wheel. There's been some interesting changes to the tech specs for Formula 1 this year (as occur every year, usually throughout it)... we'll have to see how they play out. But I'm still cheering on McLaren most loudly. ;-)

It's now pretty much official that a trip to Road America, a fabulous road course facility up in Wisconsin is in the works. I've attended a few oval races, from dirt to asphalt short tracks to the massive Talladega Superspeedway, but this will be my first road course event to attend in person. Having the opportunity to actually see race operations up close and personal should be AWESOME!! but I'm just guessing here.

I've decided to stick with stock cars for now, because I know the most about them (F1 comment above notwithstanding)... but in the end, I really like the challenges that road courses offer. Next step (maybe) will be to see a street circuit in action. Those, however, will require expanding from stock cars into open-wheel. IndyCar, anyone?

Yeah. Being a Chick Speed Geek is starting to pay off. Now, if I can just remember to post here......

No comments:

Post a Comment