Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grand Am: Team wins debut race!

...as I've already rambled on a couple of times, this was opening weekend for two very different race series of interest to me... I've already covered how the Rally America opener ended, but the Rolex 24 at Daytona ended a couple of hours ago as well... with a new team, Action Express Racing, winning in their debut... how much of a coup is this? Well, it's endurance racing, they beat a Ganassi car, a team that has a number of victories in this particular race, by better than 50 seconds (which in an endurance race such at this isn't really that large a margin). It's pretty impressive... even the Brawn GP dominance at the opening of last year's F1 season was based on a previous team and a very experienced executive at the helm. I'm not sure on the background of Action Express Racing, but I suspect there's a lot of head-scratching going on in the Daytona International Speedway garage right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment